Thursday, November 26, 2015

So it's been more than a year...

A good friend of mine sent me a message the other day:

you ever blog any more?

So I've thought about it. I haven't. It's been a really long time. Actually, I haven't really written anything: letters, journals...anything. Even emails have been strictly professional. That makes me really sad. I used to write a lot. My degree is in English. Theoretically I should make a living off of writing. Funny how technology has changed things. I don't need to write anymore because there are now 12 other ways to communicate what my childhood pen pal our parents sent in letters.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately (but that is a completely different story for another day) and I'm trying to get back to my roots-back to expressing myself through words. Today seems to be an appropriate day for me make some of those observations.

Gratitude changes EVERYTHING!

I am grateful for trials.
I am grateful for opportunity to grow in trials.
I am grateful for modern medicine.
I am grateful for miracles.
I am grateful for the faith of others.
I am grateful for the power of optimism.
I am grateful for surrogate families.
I am grateful for opportunities that I don't ask for.
I am grateful for technology that allows me to communicate with my family.
I am grateful for my family.
I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that has enough patience to work with my learning curve.
I am grateful for the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation and the comfort that it brings to my life.
I am grateful for second chances.
I am grateful for holidays that give me time to think.

Happy Thanksgiving!

make it awesome.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I have been a slacker blogger too, but I almost have a post ready to post. I'm grateful for you!