Sunday, January 12, 2014

stuff, or maybe stiff would be more appropriate...

It has been absolutely beautiful this weekend.  I went snow shoeing yesterday.  And the day before.  Days and activities like these make the winter worth it.  Yesterday we took a friend that had never been before and she took it like a champ.  She didn't even trip!  Can't say as much about the rest of us.  Apparently the trail we went on was an ideal location for snow men?  We passed 8-10 of them in 3 miles; tall ones, short ones, skinny ones, incomplete ones, dying ones...they were all there.  Kind of felt like I was walking through a Calvin and Hobbes comic book. As we were talking the newbie through the beginning of snow shoeing, we told her that in deeper snow we find muscles that we forgot we had.  Pretty sure that happens with many activities that we do, but I am most recently fascinated by the effects of snow shoeing on my calves. Oh boy. There was not an overwhelming amount of snow yesterday.  We saw people on the trail just hiking. I don't understand why the calves gave me so much grief.  I'll get over it, I always do.

1 comment:

Ashley Myntti said...

Thanks for taking me! I had a blast!!